Monday, December 12, 2011

7 Things About Me

Last month I received the "Versatile Blogger" award thanks toTanya @ Dans Le Townhouse. So here are 7 things about me:

1. I don't eat mammals. It's just seafood and poultry for me, although I couldn't tell you the last time I had any chicken or turkey. I never liked meat, even as a child. Then I found out meat was animals and really didn't like it! After multiple failed attempts, I remained vegetarian for 3 years and ate some chicken the night before #6 on this list. After that day, I reincorporated seafood and poultry in moderation, but not mammals. It just seems weird to me to eat such big animals.
cow,pig,lamb

2. I can't talk on the fly. I've had several jobs that have required public speaking and presentations. As long as I've had a chance to practice, it's all good. But this problem presents itself when it comes to jokes (especially the first time I tell a joke), stories, and leaving messages on answering machines. I give way more details than necessary, usually laugh halfway through, forget what I was saying... no good.

3. I was born in England... in an ambulance. I don't know anyone else born in a vehicle, but if you're out there, gimme a shout! Apparently it's a pretty exclusive club :-) And as for England, all of my family is from there, except for one of my cousin's kids. My mom's parents moved to England from Jamaica as young adults, which makes my background English and Jamaican. Shout out to all my fellow mixed kids
{via}

4. I'm a morning person. I love mornings. At my work, we can start anywhere from 7-10am and I choose to start at 7. I wake up early on the weekends too. But... almost every other person I know is a night person, so this can be problematic. I'm usually face-deep in my drink if I'm out past 10:30pm. Also, it's boring to be the only one up if you don't have anything to do! I always find myself twiddling my thumbs waiting for others to be awake, especially on the weekends.
{via}

5. I barely bruise and I've never broken a bone or had any cavities. I've had 5 bruises tops in my whole life and they've been from serious blows/falls. I've never even come close to breaking a bone (although I've probably jinxed myself now!) and I'm that keener who flosses every day and has a toothbrush at work to brush my teeth after lunch.
{via}

6. Ten days before my 16th birthday, I had jaw surgery for an under-bite. To recover, I had to have my jaw wired shut for a month. To add insult to injury, my parents moved to the suburbs that year, so I had just started grade 11 off at a new school. I was there for 3 days before I had the surgery. I was also almost 40 lbs heavier then and had bad skin and short hair. High school was not good to me


7. I live in a house with 5 cats and 1 dog. My family has always had pets. Multiple cats at least, and no more than 1 dog at a time. Six pets is an all-time high for us though. Also, a slew of our pets were named after characters from the show Buffy The Vampire Slayer*.
{via} ..I cut and pasted Angel's head on to Xander's body.
  • Buffy*, a tabby - the original, but unfortunately went outside one day and never returned
  • Spike*, a tabby - not actually ours, but he was a neighbourhood cat who sometimes came in our house
  • Angel*, medium haired tabby, 8 year old male (Dad's)
  • Giles*, long haired ginger, 7 year old male (Brother's)
  • Kitty, medium haired calico, 7 year old female (Brother's ex)
  • Riley*, long haired black and white, 6 year old female (Mine, and she's Kitty's sister from another mister, no joke!)
  • Marty, short haired tabby, 6 year old female (Sister's) - named after Marty McFly from Back to the Future, Michelle's all-time favourite movie.
  • Jesse, black Scottish Terrior, 8 year old female (Mom's)

Anything surprising on this list?

I'm pretty sure every blogger has already been nominated at this point! I was a little late in the game :P

Have a great day!

    No comments:

    Post a Comment

    I love to read comments! Thanks for stopping by :)

    Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...