Thursday, August 2, 2012

My New Camera: Nikon D5100

If you follow me on Instagram or Twitter, you may have already seen that I bought a new camera… and I’m SO FREAKING EXCITED ABOUT IT!!! I bought the NikonD5100. I’d been tossing and turning between Nikon and Canon, but honestly it was price that ultimately won out in the end. I don’t think I’ve ever been this excited over a purchase. I got home, tore open the boxes and then rolled around on the floor in excitement, while unbeknownst to me, Kevin got it on video!** LOL

I’m hoping this purchase will give me some new motivation for my photography challenge!
Anyhow, here are some of my photos so far! I’ve played around with other people’s DSLRs a couple of times, but this is my first time playing around for longer than an hour or so. I’m surprised at how easy it was to start using! And it takes great shots in low light! Side note: As previously mentioned, I’m clearly a cat lady (and pets don’t complain when you photograph them!) so don’t judge the number of cat photos I have! Also, if you’re not interested in seeing pet/family photos, stop now. You’ve been warned…

One of the first photos I took: Riley! And she does NOT look impressed lolDSC_0020
Jesse, my mom’s Scottish TerrierDSC_0088
Giles, my parents’ catDSC_0100
Marty McFly, my sister’s catDSC_0119
DSC_0139
CSC_0121

**My mom’s reaction to the video Kevin took of me when I brought my new camera home.DSC_0160
Mom and DadDSC_0212
My sister, Michelle with GilesDSC_0273
More Riley!!!!
DSC_0345
DSC_0346
DSC_0351

I've been googling around for photography tips, but I'd love to hear yours! Or maybe you have a go-to site? 

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to read comments! Thanks for stopping by :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...