Friday, March 2, 2012

Mini Bathroom Makeover

My bathroom is black and white, configured strangely, and windowless. I wanted to inject a bit of colour, but I didn’t want to overwhelm the small space. I bought a cute wall decal (from Dollarama…gasp!) not too long ago thinking it would be a great non-permanent way to bring in that colour I wanted.

Here’s what I was working with before. The square footage is small, but the bathroom has 9-foot ceilings and a soaker tub, which is most definitely appreciated.

SDC11225

This is the decal I bought. It only cost $2 and says it doesn’t leave any residue, so I figured it was worth a shot even if it didn’t turn out the way I wanted. This is the only picture that shows the real colour of the decal. Unfortunately, due to the lack of window in the bathroom, the rest of the photos are taken under florescent lighting (CFL bulbs) so the colours look a bit yellow and washed out.

SDC11235

It was super easy to stick on the wall. I stuck the sections on exactly how they’re shown in the example photo on the packaging

SDC11257

I also styled the top of the medicine cabinet with some items I already had and some super discounted items I recently bought at Indigo.

Bathroom Medicine Cabinet Decorations

Here is the before and after – the view is from the door. It makes me happy to see some colour in here when I walk in

Bathroom Medicine Cabinet Decorations1-001

 

Have a great weekend and make sure to check back on Monday – I’m doing my first giveaway!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to read comments! Thanks for stopping by :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...