Wednesday, February 29, 2012

Photography Challenge - Day 8: A Bad Habit

I’m not gonna lie – It was pretty easy to come up with an idea for this day’s challenge.. I mean, I have more my than my fair share of bad habits!
  • Consuming more candy than any adult should
  • Nail biting
  • Swearing
  • Talking too much
  • Spending too much time on the computer
… the list goes on.
One habit stands out from the rest and really bugs me, but I can’t help myself: Hair twirling!
I only do it when I wear my hair curly, especially when it’s freshly washed… it’s just so twirl-able! And all the curls in the back stick together and wrap around each other so I spend way more time than I’d like to admit just idly untangling them and then twirling. I do it a lot at work when I’m in meetings because my hands are idle while I’m listening to others.
In my defense, if you saw how springy my hair is in person, you’d probably wanna twirl it too lol or at least pull a curl and say, “boing!”… which happens to me ALL THE TIME, by strangers no less. People are weird.
Hair Twirling with tape
To show the “action” of hair twirling, I set a longer exposure time (2 seconds) so that my hand would be a bit blurred while the rest of me remained still and came out relatively sharp.
I’ve also been playing around with digital washi tape that I found on Pugly Pixel. It’s cute and adds a bit of pizzazz to blog photos.

If you want to check out my previous photo challenge days, here are the links:

What do you think about this photo? Did I do a good job of capturing my bad habit? Would you have done it differently? What’s your bad habit??

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to read comments! Thanks for stopping by :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...