Tuesday, July 12, 2011

Style at Home - August Roundup

Some of us Canadians are probably just starting to get our backlogged mail due to the Canada Post strike. I just got my August S@H at the end of last week, so here's my August roundup:


Recently, I was flipping through a nature book that I was given as a gift at my last job. While I hate defacing books, I love the idea of finding a group of similar photos to frame in a group, like what was done below with the botanical prints. The book I have has more landscape/animal photos, but the same concept applies. I was thinking it might look good on the bare wall in the bedroom, beside the window


While I'm not a fan of skirts of any kind on furniture (they're impractical with shedding pets), I love the look and feel of this living room and bedroom. They're so airy and calm! They remind me of the beach. The blues, whites, greens and beiges flow together beautifully. 


I love maps and when I saw these aviator map cushions, they reminded me of the hand-stitched KETTY VARLD cushions I picked up from Ikea not too long ago. I checked Ikea's website so I could reference the pillow, but it's like they've vanished. I think they were a limited edition :-(

I'm a sucker for anything sparkly! I was eying these clearanced mercury mushrooms from West Elm a couple of weeks ago and then I saw this mercury glass lamp in S@H. The vase is hammered-silver, but it has the same feel as the mercury glass, so I added it to my sparkle section :-) They all look so glamorous! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to read comments! Thanks for stopping by :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...